Friday, March 17, 2006

Volunteer Work

Volunteer work in my community has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid I always did the Y Walkathon every spring and sold raffle tickets and Girl Guide cookies too. When I was raising my children my volunteer work revolved around them and their activities.

I loved it when they were in the Nancy Greene Ski League and when they graduated to the local ski team as teenagers. I was the Race Secretary for the Downhill Event at Spring Break for a number of years, thus earning my "Downhill Junkie" nickname. Ahhhh, I do miss skiing!!

These days my volunteer passion is the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP). I am a Volunteer Program Leader and a Master Trainer and really enjoy working to promote this program.

Last summer I had the opportunity to create a presentation for a conference in September, 2005, the New Perspectives Conference. I created a poster entitled, "Nothing About Me Without Me - The Patient Voice". I've put a link to the pdf document of the poster in the links column if you'd like to read it. It is quite a large document, so be warned, it might take a while to download.


Comments:
You are an inspiration, Cyndi! Focusing on what one can do is some much smarter than focusing on what we can't do. You amaze me! Thank you for inviting me to view your blog. Your shawl is beautiful as well.

Shannon :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?