Sunday, March 19, 2006

Fenna Shawl


I finished up my Fenna Shawl this weekend! This is the shawl from Myrna Stahman's Shawls and Scarves book and I actually followed her pattern without any deviations. A first for me! I always seem to change something in a pattern as I go along. So, here are some photos of me wearing my shawl after machine washing and drying, with no blocking.


I like it! It's really comfortable and soft.

The first two photos are front and back untied and the second two photos are front and back with the ends tied around my waist.

Yarn Details: A cone of fingering weight acrylic that has been lingering in my yarn stash for a while. I used a 3.75 mm circular needle to achieve the gauge called for in the pattern.

The cone started out at about 24 oz. and the shawl used about 16 oz., so that leaves me with about 8 oz. left to play with. I've decided to make the Streakers Shrug from the new Spring Interweave Knits magazine. I'm using the yarn doubled for this one with a 5 mm needle to achieve the gauge in the pattern.

The amount of yarn might be close on this one so I'll make the cuffs with a different yarn if need be. Well, I'm off to do a little knitting. Talk to you soon.

Comments:
Congratulations on completing your shawl. It is beautiful! : )
 
Very nice.
 
Your shawl is lovely, Cyndi! And practical too. You didn't say what yarn you used.
 
What a lovely shawl! You did a great job!!!
(((hugs)))
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?