Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Pocketbook Slippers




Ta-Da! My version of the Pocketbook Slippers! Worn with my new handknit socks. The actual colour of the slippers is in the photo with the ball of yarn in it. The 100g ball of Patons Decor yielded two pairs of slippers. The funny looking little "purse" at the top of the photo is what the slippers look like before you put them on your feet. They are very stretchy and fit a variety of foot sizes.

I used my new Bryspun 4.5mm circular needle to knit these slippers. I hadn't tried the Bryspun circular needles before although I've been using the dpn's for a couple of years now. I'm quite pleased with the feel and weight of them in my hands.

And for those that are wondering, the socks were made with Confetti sock yarn on 2mm bamboo double pointed needles; with my own toe-up pattern that I concocted to accommodate my ever changing swollen ankles. I'm going to try my hand at writing out the pattern and posting it as a pdf document very soon. I have enjoyed downloading the pdf patterns from other blogs so want to give it a try with my own pattern. I haven't created a pdf document before but it can't be that hard, right?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?